[Leish-l] spleen

Kwang-Poo Chang kwangpoo.chang at rosalindfranklin.edu
Thu Sep 5 17:10:05 BRT 2013

Attached please find a hand-written abstract published in All China
Parasitology Meeting in Shanghai in 1958 by the late professor Huei-Lan
CHUNG on splenectomy of drug-resistant  kala-azar patients.  You may be
interested in his view and his experience with splenectomy of kala-azar
patients. The disease was not uncommon at that time in Beijing.

 Dr. Chung was a friend and a colleague of mine from the late 1970's to
early 1980's when I was in New York.  We had exchanged visits to each
other's lab during that period. He has many publications on sand fly
transmission, canine leishmaniasis and clinical diagnosis/treatment. A
pubmed search for "chung hl, leishmaniasis" produces 4 particles by him and
his colleagues. but  a collection of his publications is available in my
possession.

KP