[Leish-l] cloning strategy!

elfadil abass elfadil_abass at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 17:20:49 BRT 2011

Dear all,
I have cloned 117 bp Tandem Repeats (6.3 copies) of k39 kinesin related gene of
L.donovani strain from Sudan in pcDNA. Know, I would like to purify the protein.
Nucleotide sequence analysis showed high identities (over 90%) with other
published kinesin. Does it make a sense at protein expression level? Regarding
protein purification, is the so called IMPACT has advantage over the classical
His Tag vector? What do you think about a combination strategy of both
purification methods?
Best regards,,
 Elfadil Abass
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Hospital Hygiene
Philipps University Marburg
BMFZ / Hans-Meerwein Straße 2
D-35033 Marburg, Germany