macrophage parameters

Laura Lopez-Rebollar LAURA at moon.ovi.ac.za
Wed Jul 10 08:48:42 BRT 1996

> hello everyone, i was wondering if anyone could give me help in
> finding some information about the interactions of macrophages with
> leishmania. Specifically any information on the number of parasites
> that are normally released from a macrophage and the factors that
> effect this value, also what is the order of the macrophages lifespan
> when infected with parasites and how does it compare with the
> uninfected lifespan. also if there are any recent review papers on the
> interactions of macs with parasites. thanks alot, i hope this isn't
> too much trouble. bye, peter>

Milon G, Del Giudice G and Louis J A 1995. Immunobiology of
Experimental Cutaneous Leishmaniasis. Parasitology Today, vol. 11,
No.7: 244-247.

Antoine, J-C 1995. Co-stimulatory Activity of Leishmania-infected
Macrophages. Parasitology Today, vol. 11, No. 7:242-243.

I hope it is of any help

Laura

Laura Lopez-Rebollar
Onderstepoort Veterinary Institute