macrophage parameters

ZOHREH ESLAMI ZOHREH at PARASIT.Lan.McGill.CA
Wed Jul 10 11:22:31 BRT 1996

Date sent:      Tue, 9 Jul 1996 11:04:29 -0300
Send reply to:  leish-l at bdt.org.br
From:           Peter Vickerman <peter.vickerman at zoology.oxford.ac.uk>
To:             Multiple recipients of list <leish-l at bdt.org.br>
Subject:        macrophage parameters

hello everyone, i was wondering if anyone could give me help in
finding some information about the interactions of macrophages with
leishmania. Specifically any information on the number of parasites
that are normally released from a macrophage and the factors that
effect this value, also what is the order of the macrophages lifespan
when infected with parasites and how does it compare with the
uninfected lifespan. also if there are any recent review papers on the
interactions of macs with parasites. thanks alot, i hope this isn't
too much trouble. bye, peter

Hello
there are some refences about the interaction of leishmania and
macrophages and the life cycle of the parasite inside the
macrophages. These are the refernces I hope it will be helpful for
you:
International journal of Parasitology, 1994, Vol 24, No.5, pp.743-747
(Z. Eslami & C.E.Tanner)
International Journal of Parasitology, 1995, Vol 25, No.8, pp.975-981
(Z. Eslami etal)
Good luck
Zohreh