macrophage parameters

Mark F. Wiser wiser at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu
Tue Jul 9 14:36:52 BRT 1996

J. Alexander and D.G. Russell (1992) The interaction of Leishmania species
with macrophages.  Adv. Parasitol. 31,175-254.

>hello everyone, i was wondering if anyone could give me help in
>finding some information about the interactions of macrophages with
>leishmania. Specifically any information on the number of parasites
>that are normally released from a macrophage and the factors that
>effect this value, also what is the order of the macrophages lifespan
>when infected with parasites and how does it compare with the
>uninfected lifespan. also if there are any recent review papers on the
>interactions of macs with parasites. thanks alot, i hope this isn't
>too much trouble. bye, peter

*  Mark F. Wiser, Ph.D.                 (504)584-2507         *
*  Department of Tropical Medicine      (504)599-6686 (fax)   *
*  Tulane University Medical Center          or               *
*  1501 Canal Street                    (504)587-7313 (fax)   *
*  New Orleans, LA  70112               (departmental office) *
*  email:  wiser at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu                      *