[Leish-l] primers for canine leishmaniasis

Maxy De los Santos dmaxy at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 31 01:32:59 BRST 2013

Dear Carlos

If you want to detect canine leish caused for Viannia subgenus, the primers designed by Lopez M, Inga R, Cangalaya M, Echevarria J, Llanos-Cuentas A, Orrego C, Arevalo J. Diagnosis of Leishmania using the polymerase chain reaction: a simplified procedure for field work. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 1993 Sep;49(3):348-56. PubMed PMID: 8396860.  are better than others.
We have used these primers with human and canine samples from cutaneous leish with excellent results.

Regards

Dr. Maxy De los Santos D
Department of Parasitology
U.S.Naval Medical Research Unit 6 (NAMRU-6)
Lima-Perú