[Leish-l] primers for canine leishmaniasis

Profa. Adj. Cáris Maroni Nunes caris at fmva.unesp.br
Thu Oct 31 16:24:40 BRST 2013

Dear fellows,
I also am very pleased to be part of this list and have the opportunity to learn. I´ve been working with PCR for canine leishmaniasis since 2000 and I´ve "suffered" of most of the problems you´ve said and I do recomend be careful with the kinetoplast DNA fragment contamination.
I´d like to ask if you can give me any hints on Leishmania differentiation by any PCR technique. I´ve tried using SSU rDNA, ITS-1, kDNA, G6PD, SL mini-exon (some with RFLP, degenerated primers, nested-PCR, multiplex) and when I have biological samples with quite few Leishmania it seems that nothing works...
Thanks you all!
Cáris