[Leish-l] L.donovani in dogs?

Prof. Be-Nazir Ahmed dbenazirahmed at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 20 09:22:17 BRT 2013

Dear Jeff
Some veterinarians of Agriculture University of Bangladesh claim to found LD body in canies. There is so far no evidence that canivpnes are reservoir of VL in Bangladesh. There is infact no such evidence in south Asia

Regards
Be-Nazir

Prof. Be-Nazir Ahmed MBBS MPH MPhil
Director, DC &
 Line Director, CDC(Malaria, Filariasis and STH, Kala-azar, Emerging disease, Influenza, Disease Surveillance)
National Focal Point, IHR & HPED
DGHS, Ministry Health Family Welfare, Bangladesh
Email: cdc at ld.dghs.gov.bd ; dbenazirahmed at yahoo.com, benazir1959 at gmail.com
Cell Phone: 88 01819454279; 88 01914198680 Fax: 88029899085