[leish-l] Chloral hydrate

Rebollar-Tellez Eduardo A rebollar at tunku.uady.mx
Mon Apr 22 12:47:09 BRT 2002

Dear all:

I am writing to you to enquiry if anyone knows where I can purchase
Berlese fluid.  I used to get it at Harris Chemical, UK but apparently it
is not longer manufactured there.  Then I tried to prepare Berlese fluid
by myself, but was unable to import chloral hydrate from Sigma due to
unexplained restrictions by the DEA.
Does anyone have an alternative recipe for clearing sandfly bodies (apart
of that described with NaOH)??

With many thanks in advance for any information you can provide me.

Cheers

Eduardo

*  Eduardo A. Rebollar-Tellez (PhD)        ** Confusion,                **
*  Centro de Investigaciones Regionales    ** no connections,           **
*  Universidad Autonoma de Yucatan,        ** come here,                **
*  Avenida Itzaes 490 Esq. 59              ** I love you,               **
*  Merida, Yucatan 97000                   ** peace on earth,           **
*  REPUBLIC OF MEXICO                      ** would you die for me?,    **
*  Phone:	52 (99) 246 412            ** eat me,                   **
*  Fax:		52 (99) 236 120            ** this way,                 **
*  E-mail: rebollar at tunku.uady.mx          ** the end....               **
*                                          ** JIM MORRISON (1943- 1971) **