Sandfly Colonies

Carlos Costa costa at ranet.com.br
Sat Mar 24 12:43:01 BRT 2001

Dear Dr. Lawyer,
Here follow the answers:
1. Name of Laboratory: Laboratório de Leishmanioses
2. Investigator Name: Carlos Henrique Nery Costa
3. Complete mailing address of investigator:
    Laboratório de Leishmanioses
    Hospital de Doenças Infecto-Contagiosas
    Rua Gov. Artur de Vasconcelos 151-Sul
    64000-450 Teresina-PI
    Brasil
4. Phone: 55 86 221-3413 237-1075
5. Fax: 55 86 221-2424
6. E-mails: crlshncst at aol.com or costa at ranet.com.br
7. Species in colony (list all strains of each species in colony): Lu.
longipalpis, being constantly re-fed)
8. Site of origin (for each species and strain): Teresina-PI, Brazil.
9. Approximate number of generations in colony: 5
10. Larval diet used: rabbit food and feces.
11. Adult diet used: hamsters, glucose 1:5.
12. Rearing temperature and relative humidity: 26 centigrades at 85-90%
humidity.
13. Light Dark Cycle (12light/12dark; 16 light/8 dark): no