[Leish-l] Status of PCR for CL diagnosis

Mario Steindel mario.steindel at ufsc.br
Tue Mar 28 14:25:19 BRT 2017

Dear Hugo,
PCR is most sensitive than microscopy, especially in chronic lesions. We have used both method for diagnosis of CL in Santa Catarina State.
All the best, Mário
Mário Steindel, PhD – Professor Titular
Laboratorio de Protozoologia
Departamento de Microbiologia, Imunologia e Parasitologia (MIP)
Centro de Ciências Biológicas (CCB)
Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina (UFSC)
Setor F, Bloco A Cx. postal 476,
Florianópolis, SC, 88.040-970 – Brasil
Phone: + 55 48 3721-2958
Fax: + 55 48 3721-2011
E-mail: mario.steindel at ufsc.br

Mario Steindel, PhD - Full Professor
Laboratory of Protozoology
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Parasitology
Biological Science Center
Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina
Florianopolis, SC, 88040-970 - Brazil
Phone: + 55 48 3721-2958