[Leish-l] Status of PCR for CL diagnosis

Hugo Valdivia hvalrod at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 27 01:30:56 BRT 2017

Dear colleagues,

We have been recently questioned about the use of PCR for CL  diagnosis given that the Peruvian Ministry of health considers microscopy as the standard practice for CL diagnosis. In this sense, I would like to hear your thoughts about the use of PCR for CL diagnosis, specially from those colleagues working in reference diagnostic centers. What I reviewed made me think that there is no a consensus yet on the topic.

Thank you for the information that you can provide and hope to see you in WL6.

Best regards,
Hugo O. Valdivia,  BSc, PhD