[Leish-l] [Possivel Spam] Re: Confirm hits to Leishmania spp. in whole blood of mammals in the US?

Prof. Sarman Singh sarman_singh at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 6 05:08:45 BRT 2015

Dear Katherine,
You are completely right that it is difficult to get enough DNA for sequencing from blood, but yes PCR amplification can help get sufficient template  for sequencing (if it is only for a specific gene target). I would suggest to use buffy coat rather than whole blood for PCR. Your results will be dramatically improved.
All the best Prof. Sarman Singh, MBBS, MD, FAMS, FIMSA, FRSTMH, FRSC, FATP, FSIIP
Head, Division of Clinical Microbiology & Molecular Medicine,
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi (India)
Editor: Journal of Laboratory PhysiciansPhone: +91-11-26594977, 26588484
Fax: +91-11-26588663, 26588641
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Prof_Sarman_SinghPersonal Website: www.drsarmansingh.com-BMJ Award 2014, Excellence in Innovative Healthcare Technology
-MedAchiever's Merit Award 2014, Indian Medical Association-Chikitsa Ratan Award 2014, Delhi Medical Association-Dr. BK Aikat Oration 2008, Indian Council of Medical Research-Dr. BC Roy Award 2008, Medical Council of India-Vigyan Ratan Samman, 2007, UP Council of S &T-Dr. BP Pandey Oration Award 2006, Indian Society of Parasitology-Biotech Process, Product  & Commercialization Award, 2006, Department of Biotechnology-Merit Award 1998, International Immnunocompromised Host Society USA-Young Scientist Award 1996, International Immnunocompromised Host Society USA