[Leish-l] [Possivel Spam] Re: socorro a um paciente com leishmaniose cutanea difusa

Amelia Ribeiro de Jesus ameliaribeirodejesus at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 08:21:14 BRT 2015

Hi,

He was tested for HIV?

In Bahia, when I was part of the DR Edgar Carvalho-s group, we treat a patient with DCL with Interferon gamma. He cured completely. Later, Dr Roque Almeida treated refractory patients with CL with multiple lesions, but not DCL with GM-CSF subcutaneous. These treatments were published.
I think in these cases immunotherapy works very well, but my guess is to try first IFN-gamma.

Best regards,

Amelia.

Amelia Maria Ribeiro de Jesus
Universidade Federal de Sergipe, Brazil
CNPq Investigator.
Coordinator of the Programa de Pós-graduacão em Ciências da Saúde
.