[Leish-l] socorro a um paciente com leishmaniose cutanea difusa

DNDi Africa africa at dndi.org
Wed Jul 29 15:49:50 BRT 2015

Dear Fatima
Greetings. Could you kindly let me know the age, weight and sex of this child. We shall check to see if we have some miltefosine.
Best regards
Monique

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 29, 2015, at 8:57 PM, Fátima Ribeiro Dias <fatimardias at gmail.com<mailto:fatimardias at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hello, how are you?
We are needing help for a patient with diffuse cutaneous leishmaniasis, in Goiânia, Goiás, Brazil.
He has been treated since he was a child; with our group, he is since 2003 receiving several different
treatments. Nowadays, it is not possible to treat him with i.v. injections, because there is no more
veins. His kidney is failing. Once we treated him with miltefosine and he had a good response.
So, we are now looking for miltefosine again to try another cycle of treatment, since miltefosine
is an oral medicine and can help.
Whether somebody can help us with miltefosine (that it is not sold in Brazil), please, contact us
as soon as possible.
Thank you in advance,
kind regards, Fátima.