[Leish-l] [Possivel Spam] Re: Auricular leishmaniasis

Patrick Bastien patrick.bastien at univ-montp1.fr
Wed Apr 22 10:33:44 BRT 2015

My question is : haw can you affirm that this is a secondary lesion?
(instead of a new infection). There is the same problem with relapses
of L. infantum VL. In my opinion, the only way to know that is to
isolate the parasite in both lesions and to type it in the most
detailed way (extensive DNA sequencing?). We have also achieved this
with molecular karyotypes (PFGE)(see Fig. 1 in pdf attached).
Best regards

Pr Patrick Bastien
Director, Departement de Parasitologie-Mycologie
Centre National de Reference des Leishmanioses
Vice-Director, "MiVEGEC" unit research UMR5290 CNRS/224 IRD/UM1/UM2
Faculte de Medecine, Université Montpellier 1
39 Av. Charles Flahault
34295 Montpellier cedex 5

----- Message de queiroz.telles at uol.com.br ---------