[Leish-l] spleen

prabhat sinha pksinha18 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 6 02:37:08 BRT 2013

Dear All,
In my experience with Kala azar (VL) patients in India, we have found even after splenectomy parasites were laden in hepatic aspirates. Splenectomy were done in patients with  huge splenomegaly occupying more than half of the umblical area for improvement of anemia and to prevent splenic rupture after accidental abdominal trauma. There was no clinical response in  patients after splenectomy.
Dr.Prabhat Kumar Sinha,MD
HOD Clinical Medicine,
Rajendra Memorial Research Institute of Medical Sciences,
ICMR, Agam Kuan,Patna