[Leish-l] L.donovani in dogs?

Patrick Bastien patrick.bastien at univ-montp1.fr
Thu Jun 20 04:19:18 BRT 2013

Yes. I believe that there are several. But at least several
identifications from Sudan in Montpellier: see Dereure et al. Microbes
Infect. 2003 Oct;5(12):1103-8.
Please note that molecular techniques are not reliable to distinguish
between infantum and donovani, which makes dubious the data of this
type drawn from molecular ID. The ones quoted above were dont by
isoenzymes.
Best wishes
P. Bastien

Pr Patrick Bastien
Director, Departement de Parasitologie-Mycologie
Centre National de Reference des Leishmanioses
Vice-Director, "MiVEGEC" unit research UMR5290 CNRS/224 IRD/UM1/UM2
Faculte de Medecine, Université Montpellier 1
39 Av. Charles Flahault
34295 Montpellier cedex 5, France

----- Message de jayusp at hotmail.com ---------