[Leish-l] RE : L.donovani in dogs?

Kwang-Poo Chang kwangpoo.chang at rosalindfranklin.edu
Wed Jul 24 13:01:45 BRT 2013

Dear Mariella,

I suppose you mean to say "epigenetics" instead of posttranscriptional
and posttranslational modifications. The latter two involve many
different products encoded by many different genes. They may differ in
sequence, accounting for the phenotype variations observed.

"Epigenetics is the study of changes in gene expression or cellular
phenotype, caused by mechanisms other than changes in the underlying
DNA sequence".

KP