[Leish-l] etanercept and kala-azar

josé carlos jcribeiro.pi at ig.com.br
Mon Dec 2 11:02:21 BRST 2013

Em 28/11/2013 15:50, josé carlos escreveu:
> Good afternoon friends,
>
> I came across the attached article and was wondering if the use of
> etanercept at the appropriate time would represent an important
> advance in the treatment of kala-azar to allow the body does not come
> into immunosuppression and destroy the parasite. I did a quick search
> on pubmed and found no article that answered my question, MDSC are
> elevated in leishmaniasis? etanercept at the appropriate time heals
> the patient with kala-azar?
>
> best regards,
>
> José Carlos
> Lableish- IDTNP
> Teresina - PI - Brazil
dear friends,

I received an email from michal dr baniyash (author of the article
attached in previous mail) and everything indicates that MDSC are
elevated in visceral leishmaniasis. after receiving his mail had a
insigth that TNF-alpha increases and then to be deposited in the
membranes of macrophages in the blood decreases, so if we use etanercept
at the right time when the TNF-alpha is not yet deposited in the
membranes can decrease immunosuppression. or will the TNF-alpha is not
deposited, but is expressed by the macrophage itself inside out?

regards,

josé carlos