[Leish-l] paleopathology and leishmaniasis

Chang, Kwang-Poo KwangPoo.Chang at rosalindfranklin.edu
Sun Jan 29 19:27:38 BRST 2012

Ali is right.

KP

________________________________

From: leish-l-bounces at lineu.icb.usp.br
[mailto:leish-l-bounces at lineu.icb.usp.br] On Behalf Of Ali Khamesipour
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 10:28 PM
To: Kelly Harkins; Christopher Peacock
Cc: leish-l at lineu.icb.usp.br
Subject: Re: [Leish-l] paleopathology and leishmaniasis

Dear Kelly,

In our region cutaneous form of leishmaniasis remains in dermis,
epidermis, subdermal soft tissues and lymph nodes, and in case of
systemic form also as far as I know skeleton is not attacked, I agree
with Christopher but the in Inca pottery or in Pyramid might be
leishmaniasis or possibly leprosy.

All the best Ali

--- On Fri, 1/27/12, Christopher Peacock