[Leish-l] Leishmaniasis looses one of its icons - Bob Killick-Kendrick

Gerlind Anders Gerlind.Anders at gmx.net
Thu Oct 27 11:21:04 BRST 2011

with great sadness I have received this message. I have unforgettable memories of Bob Killick-Kendrick, the "King of the Sandflies".
We undertook with an Israel-Palestinian-German Team epidemiological investigations during the late 90ies in the Judean Desert - one memorable picture is attached here.
My condolences to Mireille, who was with Bob - we climed together as a team over hills and rocks and into caves and had a wonderful time together.
Later on at the World-Leish conferences I had again very beautiful encounters with Bob. He was like a wise and loving Father, giving also personal advise. I will never forget him and Mireille.

Gerlind,
Germany

P.S. the picture can be freely used. It is from the pre-digital time, and here only a scan from a paper copy. Will try to digitalize the slide later on for better quality.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------