[Leish-l] cutaneous form of leish in Indian region

J.-C. Dujardin JCDujardin at itg.be
Wed Jun 8 03:30:28 BRT 2011

Dear all, I react only now after seeing a lot of mails passing. We are
currently undertaking a major study on genetic diversity of L.donovani in the
Indian sub-continent (including full genome sequencing). While most of the
strains analyzed so far support the post-DDT bottleneck hypothesis (clonal
expansion with low genetic homogeneity), we start finding rare genotypes
which are very different from the major population. If you are interested, we
might include your strains in our analysis.

Best regards

JC

Prof. Dr Jean-Claude Dujardin

Head of Molecular Parasitology