[Leish-l] Questionnnaire on public health risk for Leishmania spp. in EUROPEAN UNION

Umberto Vesco umberto_vesco at yahoo.it
Tue Mar 9 08:22:21 BRT 2010

Dear Colleagues,

We are a Consortium of scientific institutions (you will find a list by
accessing the link to the questionnaire below) that is working on an European
Food Safety Authority (EFSA) project (CFT/EFSA/Zoonoses/2009/01).
The objective of the project is to make an inventory of available data and to
propose future data collection on selected vector borne zoonoses in the EU. In
that framework we are collecting information about the importance for public
health of leishmaniasis in Europe.
We designed this questionnaire for a preliminary qualitative assessment of the
risk of some zoonoses in each EU member state based on expert opinions.

The link to the questionnaire on Leishmania spp. is:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=it&formkey=dFNiQVlHZ1YzYVk5X2VVZHl6QjlobFE6MA

Thank you for taking the time to complete and submit this survey by the
deadline of 29 March. You are kindly requested to fill in the questions about
each EU Country.
Your insight and information are very valuable to us. Your opinions will be
only used for our statistical analysis and your answers will be not associated
with your identity.

We are also collecting information about the disease in animals and data
collection programs about the disease in each EU member state. If you have
such information, please contact us.

Best regards,
Umberto Vesco