[leish-l] Iranian isolates 5-10-03

K.P. Chang changk at mail.finchcms.edu
Sat May 10 17:09:26 BRT 2003

To: Dr. Mohebali via Dr. Shaw

We would be happy to examine Leishmania nagt genes. We have used this
single-copy, highly conserved gene sequences to separate some 20
haplotypes of Leish isolates. RFLP of PCR-amplified nagt easily separate
L major, L tropica and L donovani/infantum.

Should there be any interests in this as a collaborative study, send ~2
ug total genomic DNAs of representative Leish isolates plus all the
relevant bio information.

In 1997, Dr. Sami Rafati of Tehran kindly sent the following cultures
from Isfahan to us:

X36 - L tropica
X54 - L tropica
X81 - L major
IR88 - L donovani

It might be interesting to compare the fresh isolates against these.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

KP Chang
Dept Microbiol/Immunol