[leish-l] Dogs and VL

Carlos Brisola Marcondes cbrisola at mail.ufsc.br
Mon Jul 22 10:33:19 BRT 2002

Dear all,
I listened at Ribeirão Preto, São Paulo, that a phisician intended to treat
dermal leishmaniais, based in a "positive" Montenegro reaction. I saw the
arm of the patient, who lived at Mato Grosso, and the nodule was very small
(2-3 mm). The patient, a M.Sc. student, was convinced of the usefulness of
the treatment, with at least ten injections of Glucantime.
   Is the treatment really recommendable in this condition?

Sincerely yours
prof. dr. Carlos Brisola Marcondes
Depto Microb. Parasitol./CCB
UFSC- Campus Trindade