Database of Sand Fly Species in Colony

COL Phillip Lawyer plawyer at mxa.usuhs.mil
Wed Mar 14 17:13:50 BRT 2001

Dear Colleagues,

I appreciate the responses I have received so far about existing sand fly
colonies.  I know there are more colonies out there and I would like to
include them in the database.  Dr. Clive Davies suggested I send out a list
of names of people who have sent me information about their colonies, so
that those who are on the LEISH network can identify data which are missing
(i.e. the names of people who have sand fly colonies but who have not
replied - either because they are not on the LEISH network or for some other
reason).  Accordingly, I have provided the list below.  Please let me know
if you are aware of someone who's sand fly colony information I have not yet
received.

Thanx,

Phil Lawyer

Investigators Responding

Investigator(s)                     Laboratory

Phil Lawyer                         USUHS, Bethesda, MD, USA

Yosef Schlein                       Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Jake Jacobsen
Alon Warburg

Ed Rowton                           WRAIR, Washington, DC, USA

Petr Volf                               Charles Univ., Prague, Czech
Republic

Raul Guerra de Queiroz        INPA, Manaus, AM, Brazil

Carlos Alves Pires                IHMT, Lisbon, Portugal

Elizabeth Rangel                   FIOCRUZ, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Nataly Souza

Paulo Pimenta                       FIOCRUZ, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil

Elizabeth Dykstra                  NAMRU-3, Cairo, Egypt

Enrique Perez                        Cayetano University, Lima, Peru
Elena Ogusuki

Willy Tonui                          USAMRU-Kenya, Nairobi, Kenya
Phillip Ngumbi

Abraham Caceres                  San Marcos University, Lima, Peru

Richard Ward                       University of Keele

Dora Feliciangeli                   Univ. Carabobo, Maracay, Venezuela