Sand Fly colony Database

Bruce Alexander bruce at netra.cpqrr.fiocruz.br
Wed Jan 31 17:23:25 BRST 2001

Dear Phil:

This isn't directly related to your message but is an important
consideration. It is becoming increasingly difficult to send material for
sand fly colonies out of Brazil, because of government concerns about
exploitation of Biological Patrimony. Not as trivial as it sounds when one
considers (for example) the money that might be made from the maxadilan
gene. This needs to be worked out, or else people in the US and elsewhere
are going to have to make greater efforts to keep their existing colonies
going!

Hope you and your family are well,

Best wishes,

Bruce Alexander