Sand Fly colony Database

COL Phillip Lawyer plawyer at mxa.usuhs.mil
Mon Jan 22 11:01:18 BRST 2001

Dear Colleagues,

>> I am writing this message to solicit your help in constructing a
comprehensive database of sand      flies in colony throughout the world.
Any information you can send me on your sand fly colonies will be greatly
appreciated.  The essential elements of information I need about your
colonies are:

>> Name of Laboratory
>> Investigator Name(s)
>> Complete mailing address of investigator (s)
>> Phone number (include country and city codes)
>> Fax number (include country and city codes)
>> E-mail address
>> Species in colony (list all strains of each species you have in colony)
>> Site of origin (for each species and strain)
>> Approximate number of generations in colony
>> Larval diet used
>> Adult diet used (human, hamster, rabbit, membrane, etc.; also include type
>> of sugar meal)
>> Rearing temperature and relative humidity
>> Light Dark Cycle (12light/12dark; 16 light/8 dark)
>>
>> This database is intended to be a resource for all sand fly workers and will
be made available on the web.  It will be updated from time to time as more
information is received.  If you know of other sand fly workers who have
colonies, please forward this message to them or send me their e-mail or
mailing addresses and I will contact them directly.

>> Thank you sincerely,
>>
>> Phillip G. Lawyer, Ph.D.
  Department of Preventive Medicine & Biometrics