Kinetoplastids journal

Alberto M. R. Davila - DBBM davila at gene.dbbm.fiocruz.br
Fri Feb 16 14:15:58 BRST 2001

Dear Patrick,

Thanks for your response. You are right, I also dont want another journal
among the number of options we have. Furthermore, just to make a new
journal available online is not the point, but what about if it is free
(probably you know subscription rates are most of time high, and not
accesible for research centres/researchers in most of developing
countries) and publish papers of high quality in days or weeks ? One of
our goals is to encourage dialogue between the biochemist, the
epidemiologist and the applied control people.

We are currently discussing the policy and the editorial board of this new
journal and BiomedCentral is one of our option as publisher. Comments and
suggestions (even negative ones) are most welcome (please send them to
our personal email address).

Jeffrey: Thanks for forwarding the info published in Tryplink by R.
Docampo.

Kind regards,

Alberto M. R. Davila
Lab. de Biologia Molecular de Tripanosomatideos
DBBM/IOC/FIOCRUZ
Av. Brasil 4365, Manguinhos
Rio de Janeiro, RJ- Brasil
21045-900