Use of restriction enzymes

Bruce Moffett B.F.Moffett at uel.ac.uk
Fri Aug 31 14:41:03 BRT 2001

Date sent:      	Fri, 31 Aug 2001 09:56:08 -0300
Send reply to:  	leish-l at bdt.org.br
From:           	"Dr. Laila Nimri" <nimri at just.edu.jo>
To:             	Multiple recipients of list <leish-l at bdt.org.br>
Subject:        	Use of restriction enzymes

Hi

Just a thought as we use Promega enzymes on unpuified PCR
products with no problems.  Could it be the product does not have
the site for this particular enzyme?

Cheers
Bruce

Dear colleagues,
I am using the restriction enzyme (Hae III, from Promega) to digest a PCR product
of  Leishmania DNA for the purpose of characterization of these spp. I did the
digest several times according to the manufacturer's instructions with no luck. I
also increased the enzyme concentration but it didn't work, I only got a band of
the undigested DNA. I would really appreciate it if anyone who used this
restriction enzyme can provide me with the right conditions to use. It would be
nice if I could also have the optimum conditions of other restriction enzymes that
worked on Leishmania.
Laila Nimri