Use of restriction enzymes

Dr. Laila Nimri nimri at just.edu.jo
Thu Aug 30 20:00:05 BRT 2001

Dear colleagues,
I am using the restriction enzyme (Hae III, from Promega) to digest a PCR product
of  Leishmania DNA for the purpose of characterization of these spp. I did the
digest several times according to the manufacturer's instructions with no luck. I
also increased the enzyme concentration but it didn't work, I only got a band of
the undigested DNA. I would really appreciate it if anyone who used this
restriction enzyme can provide me with the right conditions to use. It would be
nice if I could also have the optimum conditions of other restriction enzymes that
worked on Leishmania.
Laila Nimri