Diagnosis of VL (urgent)

Christopher Peacock csp1000 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 13 05:33:08 BRST 1999

Dear Jeff,
We have just had the segregation analysis paper back with critsisms on the
diagnosis included. I know that all the Santerem and marajo samles were
cultured in vitro or vivo but Jennie is under impression that some of the
Sao Luis samples were also cultured in Belem. I don't remember this. Could
you tell me if any Terasina or Sao Luis samples are or have been cultured or
shown to be L. chagasi. I guess that the leishmania in Sao Luis is definitly
chagasi and not mexicana or other cutaneous species causing visceral
disease.

I would be grateful if you could respond asap as we have to get this paper
back in quickly.

I hope all is well in Brazil and that you Mariza and the rest of the family
are very well. How is life in Brazilia??

All the best

Chris

Christopher Peacock
Cambridge Institute of Medical Research