L.infantum?

Douglas Barker dcb12 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Sat Jun 21 12:37:03 BRT 1997

>From Douglas Barker and Bronwen Lambson.
Re your pregnant wowan case.
We have a DNA probe called EH which is specific for L. infantum/L chagasi .
We also have another probe B4 RSA  which recongnises L. donovani
minicircles. If you can send us a small ammount of your PCR product we can
reamplify and do a couple of southerns with our probes. THIS SHOULD CLARIFY
WHICH OF THE SPECIES YOUR DNA PCR PRODUCT COMES FROM. WE ALSO HAVE A LARGE
NUMBER OF DNA SEQUENCES SOME OF WHICH ARE IN THE DATA BANK AND SOME NOT
FROM VARIOUS L. DONOVANI AND L. INFANTUM MINICIRCLES. WE CAN LET YOU
COMPARE THESE SEQUENCES IF YOU WISH.

We report a case of a pregnant woman infected with a parasite that caused