INFORMACION DE LEISHMANIASIS

opperdoes at trop.ucl.ac.be opperdoes at trop.ucl.ac.be
Sun Jul 28 03:45:50 BRT 1996

>Hola todo el mundo.
>
>Quisiera que las personas que esten inscritas en esta lista y que hablen
>espan~ol, me ayudaran proporcionando informacion de leishmaniasis en la red:
>
>- www
>- gophers
>- grupos de discusion (news)
>

>GRACIAS!!

Dear Dr. Lopez
Sorry,
I don't speak spanish but I understood the context of your message. below
you find the information that you requested.
Fred Oppperdoes
------

WWW:
http://www.cdc.gov/ CDC homepage
http://www.cdc.gov/epo/mmwr/mmwr.html/ http:/ CDC Morbidity and mortality
Weekly Review
/www.asmusa.org/ American Soc. Microbiol.
http://chimera.biotech.washington.edu/lgnsea/IMAGES/toolbar.map?135,35
Parasite genomes
http://woodland.bio.ic.ac.uk/fgn/parasite-genome/parasite-genome.html/
Parasite genomes
http://www.biosci.ohio-state.edu/~zoology/parasite/home.html Parasites and
Parasitological Resources
http://www.uga.edu/~protozoa/ Society of Protozoologists
http://gene.dbbm.fiocruz.br/genome/tcruzi/tcruzi.html The T. cruzi Genome
Project
http://www.who.ch/ WHO

Gopher:
ftp://magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu/pub/zoology/ Directory of Parasitologists

E-mail discussion list compiled by Hata at TDR/WHO

                      E-MAIL LISTS OF TDR-RELATED TOPICS

*** Please send corrections
*** to hata at who.ch
required. A brief description of each follows.

              (a) focused discussion lists:

MALARIA         a malaria discussion list                       rep.21jan95
SCHISTO         a schistosomiasis discussion list               rep.20feb95
LEISH-L         a leishmaniases discussion list                 rep.07feb94
TCRUZI-L        a T-Cruzi discussion list (Chagas)              rep.08aug95
LEPROSY         a leprosy discussion list                       rep.13mar96
PARASITE-GENOME                                                 rep.21jun95
CELEGANS                                                        rep.10oct94
MOSQUITO-L      a mosquito discussion list                      rep.29may95
HEALTH-GIS      a discussion list on GIS use for health         rep.10jun95
EPIDEMIO-L      a discussion list on epidemiology               rep.24aug95
EPI-INFO        a discussion list on use of Epi-Info software   rep.20dec95

              (b) focused mailing lists:

PHNflash - Population, Health, Nutrition - a WorldBank list     rep.22feb95
ProMED - PROgram for Monitoring Emerging Diseases               rep.28feb95
EID - Emerging Infectious Diseases - a CDC quarterly list       rep.03mar95
MMWR - Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report - a CDC list       rep.03mar95
WER - Weekly Epidemiological Records - a WHO list               rep.12feb96

              (c) clearing-house mailing lists:

TDR-SCIENTISTS  a networking forum for t.d.r. scientists        org.01mar92

_
MALARIA         a malaria discussion list                       rep.21jan95

        "...for anyone wishing to ask, ...or communicate on the general
        subject of malaria"

        saying in the body of the text:

                subscribe malaria yourname

        To broadcast your message to all people on the list, send it to:

                malaria at wehi.edu.au

        The list-owner: Ross L. Coppel
                        coppel at vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au

SCHISTO         a schistosomiasis discussion list               rep.20feb95

        "...a mailing list created for the purpose of information exchange
        between Schistosoma researchers.  Scientists are welcomed to
        participate in this worldwide forum for any kind of information
        exchange as proposals, announcements, offers, the discussion of
        various problems and requests for any biological material or
        information concerning schistosomes..."

                subscribe SCHISTO

        To broadcast your message to all people on the list, send it to:

                SCHISTO at net.bio.net

        The list-owners:
                Werner Kunz          Werner.Kunz at uni-duesseldorf.de
                Christoph Grevelding
Christoph.Grevelding at uni-duesseldorf.de
                Lutz Gohr            Lutz.Gohr at uni-duesseldorf.de

LEISH-L         a leishmaniases discussion list                 rep.07feb94

                LISTSERV at FTPT.BR or LISTSERV at BDT.FTPT.BR

                commands:
                        SUBSCRIBE LEISH-L firstname lastname
                        help
                        recipients LEISH-L
                        UNSUBSCRIBE LEISH-L

                owner: DR JEFFREY SHAW   jeffrey at phx.ftpt.br

                admin: manager at ftpt.br
                       brefe at ftpt.br
                       dora at bdt.ftpt.br

TCRUZI-L        a T-Cruzi discussLion list (Chagas)
rep.08aug95

rev.09may96
        is a Trypanosoma cruzi electronic discussion list. The main focus
of
        the list will be the tcruzi genome project, but this should not
        withhold anyone to discuss other topics of relevance related to T.
        cruzi and Chagas disease.

        To be added, please send the message "subscribe tcruzi-l"
        (without the quotes) to Majordomo at iris.dbbm.fiocruz.br

        To post your public message to the list, send to:
        tcruzi-l at iris.dbbm.fiocruz.br

        Information on the genome project can also be found on :
        http://www.dbbm.fiocruz.br/genome/tcruzi/tcruzi.html

LEPROSY         a leprosy discussion list                       rep.13mar96

        ... is an experimental discussion list for scientists, programme
        managers, agencies and individuals involved and interested in
        the elimination of leprosy as a public health problem.

        The objective is to keep the scientific community, national
        programme managers and all interested parties informed about the
        developments /progress towards leprosy elimination.

        with one line text in the body: subscribe leprosy

        After subscription, any posting to the list be sent to:
        leprosy at who.ch

        For more details, visit
        http://www.who.ch/programmes/lep/lep_home.htm
        or write to
        Dr V. Pannikar (pannikarv at who.ch) the Action Programme for the
        Elimination of Leprosy (WHO/LEP), Geneva, Switzerland

PARASITE-GENOME                                                 rep.21jun95

        is "a parasite genome databases and genome research resources
        mailing list. For a rapid development of the parasite-specific
        portions of the databases, the list would concentrate on
        ACeDB-based genome databases, but the list will be user-led and
        anything may be posted."

        Use the list to ask for probes, offer resources to share,
        request technical advice, warn of problems encountered,... post
        news and results, advertise positions available, etc...

        in the body of the message write: subscribe parasite-genome

                        parasite-genome at mailbase.ac.uk

http://woodland.bio.ic.ac.uk/fgn/parasite-genome/parasite-genome.html
        Further help: m.blaxter at ic.ac.uk

CELEGANS                                                        rep.10oct94

        Dr William R. Morgan, The College of Wooster, Wooster, OH 44691,
has
        announced an electronic discussion group for C. elegans
researchers.

        "To subscribe (depends on your location)...

        . In Europe, Africa, or Central Asia, send the message
                "SUB bionet-news.bionet.celegans" (no quotation marks) to
                MXT at dl.ac.uk

        . In the Americas or the Pacific Rim, send the message
                "subscribe celegans" to
                biosci-server at net.bio.net

MOSQUITO-L      a mosquito discussion list                      rep.29may95

        "for the discussion of topics related to mosquitoes (Diptera:
        Culicidae)."  Possible topics include, but are not limited to:

                behavior                     bionomics
                ecology                      control
                general biology              legislative/regulatory issues
                mosquito-borne diseases      physiology
                pathogens                    sampling methods
                systematics

        To subscribe, send an e-mail message to
MOSQUITO-L-REQUEST at IASTATE.EDU
        with the word SUBSCRIBE in the body of the message.

        Once you are subscribed to Mosquito-L, sending a message to
        MOSQUITO-L at IASTATE.EDU will send your message to all the
subscribers
        on Mosquito-L.

        Owner: John VanDyk (jvandyk at iastate.edu)
               http://www.public.iastate.edu/~jvandyk/

HEALTH-GIS      a discussion list on GIS use for health         rep.10jun95

        is an electronic discussion group open to everyone interested in
the
        application of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for health. The
        objective is to promote  exchange of information regarding
projects,
        methodologies, partners in countries, availability of databases,
maps,
        software, sources of finances, etc. It is a place for meeting
between
        users of GIS applied to management of natural resources and  real
or
        potential users of GIS for health.

        with one line text in the body saying: SUBSCRIBE health-gis

EPIDEMIO-L      a discussion list on epidemiology               rep.24aug95

        This group is concerned with discussing methodologic issues
        relevant to epidemiology...that are relevant to population
        studies which address health problems and questions. The
        discussions are therefore not restricted to approaches and
        procedures relevant to studying determinants of health/illness
        and outcome of interventions, but include approaches relevant to
        the organization of the health care delivery system.

        You can subscribe to it by sending the following message:

        SUBSCRIBE EPIDEMIO-L <your first and last name>
        to:
        LISTPROC at CC.UMONTREAL.CA

        Owner: Pierre Philippe, Ph.D  (philippp at ere.umontreal.ca)

EPI-INFO        a discussion list on use of Epi-Info software   rep.20dec95

        To offer a forum for discussion on uses of the package in "real
        world" public health problems.... It should act as a council of
        peers who can be called upon to help resolve problems that users
        of the package may encounter. The subscription is free. The list
        is unmoderated.

        To subscribe, send a message to
                majordomo at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu
        with
                subscribe epi-info
                end
        in the body of the message.

        For help, write to epi-info-owner at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu; or to
        Gregory Fegan (gfegan at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu)

PHNflash - Population, Health, Nutrition - a WorldBank list     rep.22feb95

        is an electronic newsletter on key population, health, and
nutrition
        issues. Once you subscribe, you will receive a PHNFLASH newsletter
        monthly. (almost weekly - KH)

        PHNFLASH is produced by the Population, Health and Nutrition
        Department in the World Bank. This department is solely responsible
        for its content.

        in the body of the text write:
                Subscribe PHNFLASH First Name (space) Last Name

        To contribute your text to the newsletter, send it to:
                phnflash at tome.worldbank.org

        The list owner:
                Vivian Hon  tel: +1(202)473-3429
                PHNLINK at worldbank.org

ProMED - PROgram for Monitoring Emerging Diseases               rep.28feb95

        A central goal of ProMED is to establish a direct partnership among
        scientists concerned with emerging infectious diseases in all parts
of
        the world. Reporting of incidents or outbreaks, infectious disease
        problems of emerging interest, and discussions on how to improve
        surveillance and response capabilities are especially encouraged.
It
        is to promote effective early warning systems for emerging
infections.

        To subscribe to the ProMED (which is moderated), send e-mail to:
                majordomo at usa.healthnet.org
        and write in the body of text
                subscribe promed

        For further information on ProMED:
        Dr. Jack Woodall      woodall at wadsworth.org
        Dr. Stephen S. Morse  morse at rockvax.rockefeller.edu

EID - Emerging Infectious Diseases - a CDC quarterly list       rep.03mar95

        CDC's new journal, Emerging Infectious Diseases (EID), is now
        available both electronically and in hard copy.

        The journal is available in three file formats: ASCII, Adobe
Acrobat
        (.pdf), and PostScript (.ps). The ASCII version of the journal does
        not contain figures. WWW Mosaic users, go to:  http://www.cdc.gov.

        E-mail lists: You have four choices. For table of contents alone,
        subscribe to the EID-TOC mailing list. If you choose to receive the
        entire journal, choose EID-ASCII, EID-PDF, or EID-PS. However, be
        aware of the large file sizes of the journal.

the
        following in the body of your message:

                subscribe listname (e.g., subscribe EID-TOC).

        For help, send an e-mail to eidhelp at cidod1.em.cdc.gov.

MMWR - Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report - a CDC list       rep.03mar95

        has a similar email service as EID above. EID is quarterly, but
MMWR
        is weekly.

        To subscribe to, e.g. Table of Contents(TOC) version, send an
e-mail
        to lists at list.cdc.gov with the following in the body of your
message:

                subscribe MMWR-TOC

        For help, send an e-mail to mmwr-questions at list.cdc.gov.

WER - Weekly Epidemiological Records - a WHO list               rep.12feb96

        Each Friday, World Health Organization issues the WHO Weekly
        Epidemiological Records (WER). Since January 1996 this weekly
        has been posted to WHO's Web pages in full in a PDF file format.
        (Just like MMWR of the CDC.) For those who wish to be informed
        of WER "table of contents, wish brief news flash" via email,
        there is a special distribution list called WER-REH.

        To subscribe, send a message to MAJORDOMO at WHO.CH with the
        following in the body of your message:

                subscribe WER-REH

        For help, send an e-mail to owner-wer-reh at who.ch

TDR-SCIENTISTS  a networking forum for t.d.r. scientists        org.01mar92

        ...is a global electronic Mailing List open to any scientists
        interested in TDR's work.  Originally conceived to be an
alternative
        to the postal mailing of the quarterly TDR-NEWS, it can be used as
an
        open forum to broadcast brief messages considered useful to the
        tropical diseases research scientific community.  Especially
        sensitive to the needs of scientists from developing countries, the
        List serves as a networking forum for t.d.r. scientists everywhere
        who are connected to the Internet.  The List is un-moderatd.

        To obtain general information about the List, send a message to:

                tdr-scientists-INFO at who.ch

        with the following two lines in the body:

                SUBSCRIBE tdr-scientists
                end

        To broadcast your brief public message, send it to the List itself:

                tdr-scientists at who.ch

                or, ask List-owner: hata at who.ch

| K.R. Hata, Ph.D.                                  Email: hata at who.ch |
| Management Officer (NetWorking),                  Fax:+41-22-791-4854|
| UNDP/WORLD BANK/WHO Special Programme for                            |
| Research and Training in Tropical Diseases(TDR), WHO, CH-1211 Geneva |
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: The compilation of the material above owe so much to
information offered from the subscribers of tdr-scientists list. All
these lists cited above are operating independently. Selection of items
should not be taken as TDR-endorsement. Bob Hata, TDR/WHO

Fred R. Opperdoes,
Research Unit for Tropical Diseases (TROP) and
Laboratory of Biochemistry (BCHM)
International Institute of Cellular and Molecular Pathology (ICP)
and Catholic University of Louvain (UCL)
Avenue Hippocrate 74-75, B-1200 Brussels, Belgium

Tel: ++32-2-764.74.39 (secretary) Fax: ++32-2-762.68.53
Tel: ++32-2-764.74.55 (direct)
E-mail:Opperdoes at trop.ucl.ac.be
Internet: http://www.icp.ucl.ac.be/ICP_en.html
          http://www.icp.ucl.ac.be/~opperd/Fred.html