Summer project: Vet student/Leishmania

Julio Cesar Rojas jcrojas at huracan.cr
Tue Nov 22 15:11:48 BRST 1994

We are research group working of several aspects of the epidemiology of
leishmaniasis in Costa Rica. {_ We are based on the Vet. School of the
National University of Costa RIca.  We indeed have several options for you
in two focii, one of cutaneous where dogs have been detected as highly
associated with human cases of cutaneous diseases but we do not know yet the
specific role of dogs it could be acting as a reservoir or just attracting
the flies to the household.  In the other area, where the circulating
parasite is infantum, but only human cases of cutaneous have been detected,
the typical reservoir is the dog.  IN both areas, we are planning to do some
dogs studies, serological and atraction profiles of sandflies.  So if you
are still interested keep in touch and we may elaborate in the details.