[Tropmed-l] RES: Leprosy and steroids

Mitermayer Galvão dos Reis miter at bahia.fiocruz.br
Thu Jul 12 18:22:11 BRT 2012

Dear Carlos,

During my residency in pathology I did several autopsy from patients that received steroids or treatment for chronic renal disease, Lynphoma. leukemia, neuroschistosomiasis etc. and died from severe form of strongyloidiasis. The rule is treat for strongyloidiasis before start with  steroids and etc. Three Bermann in general give 100 % of positivity if well done.

Bes regards,

Mitermayer Reis