[Leish-l] CDL Bolivia

queiroz.telles at uol.com.br queiroz.telles at uol.com.br
Sun May 28 23:40:13 -03 2023

Dear Eddy
I am in the State of Parana, South Brazilian region, where Mucocutaneus Leishmaniosis is still scarcely endemic.  The few cases (2), we attend where imported from Amazon, many years ago. The patients received convention therapy with glucantime and gama interferon, with partial response. We have a little experience in mucocutaneous LTA with miltefosine, supplied by the Brazilian Ministry of Health, under a special protocol, with good clinical response.
Best regards
Flavio Queiroz-Telles
Department of Public Health
Federal University of Parana, Brazil