[Leish-l] burqa

Carlos Costa chncosta at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 10:06:13 -02 2018

Recently, it came up in my mind that the use of burqa might be associated
with the protection against cutaneous leishmaniasis in the Middle-East. I
am pretty sure that I heard from someone or read somewhere but I cannot
recall the source.

Then I asked my Prof. Ali Khamesipour, from Tehran, and to Prof. Jeff Shaw
but they do not know anything about the subject.

Finally, I entered in PubMed and found only the attached article by Al
Aboud et al with a quote that burqa might be protective against
leishmaniasis.

The issue is quite interesting. So, I ask the colleagues who know something
or that want to express their thought about the issue to share with our
community.

Cheers,

Carlos.

--
Carlos H. N. Costa, MD, DSc.
President

*Centro de Ciências da Saúde da Universidade Federal do Piauí*
*Rua Artur de Vasconcelos 151-Sul*
*64001-450 Teresina-PI*
*Brazil*
Telephones: +55 86 3222-4377 (W),
+55 86 3221-3062 (W),
+55 86 3237-1075 (H).

Aviso: As informações contidas nesta mensagem são CONFIDENCIAIS, protegidas
pelo sigilo legal, por direitos autorais e destinadas exclusivamente à
pessoa ou organização para a qual a mensagem foi destinada.
Warning: This message is meant only for the intended recipient of the
transmission.  It is forbidden any unauthorized use, alteration,
reproduction, and distribution. If you are not the correct recipient,
please notify us immediately by return e-mail and delete this message from
your system.