[Leish-l] silent

Carlos Costa chncosta at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 12:11:01 -02 2018

Dear Paul,

Congratulations for the initiative and participation of Prevpkdl. I am
pretty sure the good products & ideas will show up.

Your last year paper (Doehl et al) was really superb and helps to
understand the "mysteries" of VL host infectiousness to sand flies. While
the very low parasitemia rules out blood as the source of parasites, the
skin role for it is still confusing when studying humans and dogs. The
surprising described patchiness of skin infectiousness seems to feel this
gap of understanding. However, somehow we should be able to identify these
sites of infectiousness in vivo. For L. donovani infection PKDL seems to
show these sites, but it is very rare in infections caused by L. infantum.
New ideas from the young researchers are welcome.

Best regards,

Carlos.