[Leish-l] [Possivel Spam] Cutaneous leishmaniasis treatment evasion

Pierre Buffet pabuffet at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 04:49:28 BRST 2016

Dear Bartira,

please find attached 2 references on this topic that bring contrasted

In our experience about one third of CL patients treated with antimony and
liposomal amphotericin B interrupt their treatment due to systemic side
effects of variable severity. Interruption depends on the side effect but
also on the indication. I would spend more energy and accept a higher level
of risk to treat an immunocompromised  patient with visceral leishmaniasis
unresponsive to amphotericin B than an immunocompetent patient with
localized CL (most of whom should in my opinion be treated locally).

Hope this is helpful.

All the best

Pierre

--
Pr. Pierre Buffet, MD, PhD
Faculté de Médecine Université Paris Descartes
pabuffet at gmail.com