[Leish-l] S.O.S.

Vahideh Moin Vaziri vmvaziri at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 08:19:56 BRST 2014

Dear Friends
Would you please help me to find the answer of following question kindly?

Working on visceral leishmaniasis in a newly emerged hypoendemic foci in
Iran we found  seropositive human blood samples at different titres by DAT.
To characterize parasite, kDNA and ITS1 PCR were done. The result showed
that in the samples with lower titer ( 1/400, 1/800) parasite were detected
by PCR much more than ones with high titer ( 1/3200).
I want to know, how long  *L. infantum* will persist in human blood after
infection? I mean how long the DNA of parasite could be detected by PCR? Is
it right to say that at the time that  we find high titer of antibody,
parasite vanish from blood or not?

Your kind cooperation is appreciated in advance.
Best wishes
--
Vahideh Moin-Vaziri, Ph.D
Department of Parasitology and Mycology,
E mail: vmvaziri at gmail.com
           vmvaziri at hotmail.com