[Leish-l] antagonists tnf-alpha and kala-azar

josé carlos jcribeiro.pi at ig.com.br
Sat Nov 30 19:52:48 BRST 2013

Dear friends,

I thought better and think etanercept or will not be useful in chronic
infections such as leishmaniasis and even in cancers. etanercept acts on
soluble TNF-alpha that is precisely what is elevated in autoimmune
diseases. In cases of infections and cancer predominates transmembrane
TNF-alpha which is the target of anti-TNF alpha monoclonal antibodies.
So, in my humble opinion I believe that the research of leishmaniasis
should be investigated antagonists monoclonal antibody type and
non-receptor soluble. What do you think?

Regards,

José Carlos