[Leish-l] etanercept and kala-azar

josé carlos jcribeiro.pi at ig.com.br
Thu Nov 28 16:50:51 BRST 2013

Good afternoon friends,

I came across the attached article and was wondering if the use of
etanercept at the appropriate time would represent an important advance
in the treatment of kala-azar to allow the body does not come into
immunosuppression and destroy the parasite. I did a quick search on
pubmed and found no article that answered my question, MDSC are elevated
in leishmaniasis? etanercept at the appropriate time heals the patient
with kala-azar?

best regards,

José Carlos
Lableish- IDTNP