[Leish-l] Remembering Richard Titus

jeffrey shaw jayusp at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 11 18:53:39 BRT 2013

Condolences for Richard Titus:

Omar (ohamarsheh at gmail.com)

I am really sorry to hear about Richard,
the sand fly community missed a distinguished scientist. His contribution to
sand fly and Leishmania fields will be printed in minds of all who knew him.

Sergio Mendonça  (mendonca at ioc.fiocruz.br)

This is very sad news.

I had the chance of knowing Rich well
during the more than one year that we worked together in Jacques Louis lab in Lausanne. He was leaving
while I was arriving, and he taught me a lot. Besides being a brilliant
scientist and a hard worker, he was a simple and friendly guy.  I feel very sorry for his family and for the
leishmaniac community.

Manoel (mbarralnetto at icloud.com)

Really sad
news. I also knew Richard for a long time and deeply lament his early death.

C1audia (brodskyn at bahia.fiocruz.br)

It is really sad news. I worked at Titus's
lab from 1997 to 2000 and I have wonderful memories from this time. Richard was
great, trying to help us all the time. I learned a lot at his lab and we shared
also good parties and barbecues.

I miss him a lot.