[Leish-l] hot spots

Vera Camargo-Neves vlfcn at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 11 12:47:19 BRT 2013

Excellent topic for discussion!I agree with the proposal of Odete's hot spot.We need to start discussing the issue on the movement of animals and the risk of Visceral Leishmaniasis and the inverse of introducing the parasite infection into free regions or the introduction of new strains with changes in the profile of resistance to drugs now used to treat beings human regions, endemic countries.Best Regards,
Vera L Fonseca de Camargo-Neves, PhDPesquisador Científico VI (Medical Research Senior)Grupo de Estudos em Leishmanioses, Departamento de Epidemiologia e Orientação Técnica (Study Group on Leishmaniasis, Department of Epidemiology and Technical Guidance)Superintendência de Controle de Endemias (Superintendence of Control of Endemic Diseases)
Adress:Rua Paula Sousa, 166 1º andar Bairro da Luz, São Paulo, SP, BrasilCEP: 01027-000Tel: (55 11) 3311-1142Skype: veracamargoneves