[Leish-l] why the distribution of donovani and infantum?

Patrick Bastien patrick.bastien at univ-montp1.fr
Fri Jun 21 11:31:40 BRT 2013

The distribution of donovani and infantum are completely overlapping
in the Near-East and East Africa. If you believe in the distinction
between these species found by isoenzymes (which is supported by
extrinsic criteria such as clinical disease and epidemiology but which
cannot be found by multilocus sequencing), then I can tell you that in
Sudan dogs can harbor either infantum or donovani or even archibaldi.
These are sound data from isoenzyme typing from Montpellier (Dereure,
Pratlong et al.)
Cordialement
P. Bastien

----- Message de cbrisolamarcondes at gmail.com ---------