[Leish-l] Rich Titus

Marcelo Ramalho-Ortigao mortigao at k-state.edu
Thu Jan 24 17:14:53 BRST 2013

Dear Jeff - I have some said news to report to the Leish-sand fly
community

Yesterday I learned about Richard Titus passing in Fort Collins, Colorado,
this past Sunday January 20th. Richard was an estimated colleague whom I
had the pleasure of meeting many years ago and have maintained close
contact in the last few years. Richard had a significant impact in the
field of sand flies and Leishmania, and many folks will remember him from
his contributions regarding the role of sand fly saliva and salivary
molecules in exacerbation of disease and immunomodulation in vertebrates.