[Leish-l] Leishmaniasis worldwide and estimates of its incidence

jeffrey shaw jayusp at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 19 14:10:20 BRT 2012

It is my pleasure to announce that the paper
"Leishmaniasis worldwide and estimates of its incidence" is now
published in in PLoS-One:
http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0035671
98 countries and 3 territories have been found
endemic, the information country by country can be found at the end of
the cover paper. We consider that this attempt to give better
epidemiological information has many limitations but if
 the countries empower the challenge, it will be an excellent platform
to improve the data.

In addition, please note that the paper has been also published in WHO web page
http://www.who.int/leishmaniasis/resources/leishmaniasis_epidemiology_access_to_medicine/en/index.html

Please, consider if this information is relevant to the network. Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,
Jorge Alvar, MD, PhD, DTM&P

Medical Officer, Leishmaniasis Control

Neglected Tropical Diseases (HTM/NTD/IDM)

World Health Organization

20, Avenue Appia; CH-1211  Geneva 27

Tel.
+41 22 791 3870