[Leish-l] [Tropmed-l] Sand Flies

Pasteur Guadeloupe ffouque at pasteur-guadeloupe.fr
Fri Apr 27 09:42:39 BRT 2012

Dear Dr. Rowton,

 From another part of the world !! we are also planning to develop
some research on sand flies in Guadeloupe (French West Indies).
Our Laboratory of medical entomology at the Pasteur Institute of
Guadeloupe was re-organized last year and among our tasks we would
like to develop a collection of insects vectors of diseases in the
Caribbeans.

A first survey on sand flies was carry out in Guadeloupe by Dr.
Charles Gantier and the Vector Control Diseases Agency. And we are
planning to work on these sand flies to estimate if there is any risk
of leishmaniasis re-introduction in Guadeloupe (or neighbouring
islands). In this context, a collaboration with your Institution as a
reference will be wellcome.

Best regards,

Florence Fouque

Florence Fouque
Entomologist, Ph.D., Head of the Laboratory of Medical Entomology

Institut Pasteur de la Guadeloupe
Laboratoire d'Entomologie médicale
UNITÉ ENVIRONNEMENT ET SANTÉ
Morne Jolivière, BP 484, 97183 Les Abymes cedex
Tel : 05 90 90 49 54, Fax : 05 90 89 69 41
Standard: 05 90 89 69 40
mobile: 06 90 67 39 17
ffouque at pasteur-guadeloupe.fr
flfouque at gmail.com